PainScience provides training in pain medicine.
Palliative medicine: We are affiliated with Dr Dereck Eng and the palliative medicine team at St John of God Hospital, Subiaco which is a diploma-acredited training site of ChPM (RACP).
Addiction medicine: Dr Richard O’Regan ChAM (RACP) is part of our multi-disciplinary team and we will share teaching clinics for our respective trainees.
PainScience offers a training program for WA FPM pain medicine trainees and Fellows each Friday afternoon (as timetabled).
- Friday tutorial programme
- Trainees can sit in with consultants for long case training.
- Trainees are welcome to participate in the formal tutorial program.
- It is expected that trainees will help prepare material including
- Tutorial topics
- Clinical cases
- Past exam questions
- Other sessions are will be arranged during the year (e.g. radiology, psychiatry, palliative care and allied health).
- Journal club will be organised at St John of God Hospital Subiaco every 2 months.
Educational resources, notes and lectures will be archived on the Churack Chair education resources page.