PainScience™ is a dynamic private pain medicine practice located at Joondalup Health Campus, Western Australia.
We provide a team-based approach to helping persons manage their pain.
Our pain management team includes specialist doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, exercise physiologists and psychologists.
We perform the full range of pain management procedures (nerve blocks, spinal cord and nerve stimulators) at
- Joondalup Private Hospital (Joondalup Health Campus)
- Glengarry Private Hospital (Duncraig WA).
Keeping you comfortable
Because we are both pain specialists and specialist anaesthetic doctors, all patients are offered sedation during their procedure by a qualified anaesthetist.
Care by a pain specialist
To maximise the quality of your care, you will receive a full pain management review by a pain medicine specialist before and after your procedure.
PainScience™ provides the following services:
- Pain medicine consultations
- Medicolegal and workers’ compensation reviews and reports
- Video and telehealth consultations via Skype® or FaceTime® (rural & regional patients only)
- Pain management procedures (injections, blocks)
- Neuromodulation (spinal cord stimulation)
- Case conferencing with our multidisciplinary team
- Pain education programmes
- Acute pain management (in-patients)
- All forms of chronic pain management including;
- back & neck pain, whiplash
- headache, migraine & facial pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- neuropathic (nerve) pain
- pelvic pain & chronic abdominal pain
- fibromyalgia & chronic fatigue
- complex pain medication & opioid management
- Cancer pain management (given urgent priority)
- Please note: we do not prescribe medicinal cannabis at this practice.
Other things we do
We train specialist pain medicine physicians as a level 1 training centre for the Faculty of Pain Medicine.
We work in association with The Churack Chair of Pain Education and Research, University of Notre Dame Australia and other Universities.
- Your doctor can send a referral to our service
- There is a waiting time based on the urgency of the case
- Private fees may apply
We see private patients, workers compensation and insured patients (e.g. motor vehicle). In certain circumstances, we can see patients on a reduced fee basis (e.g. pensioners, healthcare card, students) or ”bulk billed.”
- Please note that access to the procedures at JHC is limited for uninsured patients. Where necessary, PainScience™ will arrange placement on the central waitlist for North Metro catchment area patients.
All data and information is the intellectual property of PainScience Pty Ltd, copyright 2019-2020