Inpatient Pain Services
Inpatient pain services at JHC are provided by the Acute Pain Service (APS) as part of the JHC Department of Anaesthesia.
The APS is comprised of a team of specialist pain and ward nurses, pain medicine physicians and anaesthetists, anaesthesia registrars and pharmacists.
The APS was established at JHC in 2007 to provide:
- Postoperative pain management using advanced techniques including:
- Epidural and spinal anaesthesia
- Regional blockade and infusions
- Patient controlled analgesia devices
- Acute pain management for:
- Preoperative pain control
- Non surgical conditions
- Obstetric labour pain
- Consultation advice for chronic pain management problems.
- There is provision for brief inpatient admissions for chronic or cancer pain management in selected cases.
The APS provides 24/7 onsite medical cover for all inpatients.